Terms & Conditions
The term ‘smartappliancesuk’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is unit 1, butterfield yard, thwaites lane, keighley bd21 4lj. Our company registration number is 11380144 UK. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
** Please note that by completing the purchase of an item you are legally entering contract with smartappliancesuk Ltd therefore all the conditions below you agree too and fully accept **
Order & Delivery Process
We are pleased to announce that we now offer FREE DELIVERY to anywhere in the UK Mainland.
For large items the courier company will contact the customer directly and arrange a suitable delivery date.
Smaller items will be sent tracked via DPD, Royal mail etc
Surcharge to NI -Please email for price - (TVs will not be sent to NI)
Please note the following requirements when receiving delivery, this is part of your customer contract that you agree to when purchasing from us.
- Photo ID of the cardholder who purchased the item. Passport / Driver’s license
- Utility Bill or Business documentation to confirm proof of address.
- Items will be delivered by a two man crew, they will unpack and power on, once inspected you will sign to say you are completely satisfied.
- Capable person to check the item is not damaged in any way. Also to sign the delivery note to confirm the item is not damaged and/or screen cracked / smashed.
- Two man crew will take away packaging if required.
- Please note the courier will call and arrange a date directly with you - that is convenient.
- After unpacking & inspection of the item, then signing of the delivery note, you can NOT claim for any physical damage or missing parts at a later date.
Return and faulty goods policy
U.1 Returns and exchanges can only be processed with proof of purchase.
U.10 You cannot return unwanted items after 14 days of purchase.
U.10.1 You cannot return unwanted cables if the warranty sticker is broken on the item or the sealed packageing is broken. These items must stay in their sealed bags.
U,11 In accordance with your rights when you purchase goods online, unwanted products can be returned opened so long as you notify us you want to return them within 14 calendar days from the day of delivery.
U.12 When returned the item must include all original packaging, be in ‘as new’ condition and must not have been used, installed or had any data input on them. You will also be responsible for covering the cost of any return carriage for an unwanted item; the return carriage cost for small items is £7 and larger items up to £100 depending on the item type.
U.13 Please note each TV stores the amount of hours it has been switched on for - If this exceeds 1 hour when returned - no refund will be issued.
U.14 There may also be a re-stocking fee of up to 50% of the purchase price, applied for any items we find that have been opened and used. If you wish to discuss any of your options with us please give us a call so we can confirm these with you.
If you’ve used the product
It’s fine if the product has been unpacked for checking but if it’s been used or installed, we can only give you a partial refund. This can be up to 50% of the product’s cost. If it’s used, then 14 day refund rules will apply. Please note TVs record their view hours, this can be checked when the TV is returned to us also the warranty sticker must be intack and not broken to damaged in anyway.
Your item is under warranty from the date of purchase and any technical issues must be reported to the email@example.com in writing with photos of the fault and photos of serial plate, the warranty sticker must be intact and not broken or damage in anyway or this will invalidate your warranty with us.
If your product develops a fault, you have the option of a repair, exchange or refund if the fault occurs within 7 days of delivery. You must notify Smart Appliances UK in writing with evidence i.e. pictures.
You must not continue to use the product as this could cause further damage. If you accept a resolution/fix method by Smart Appliances UK - you can not claim for a full refund - only an exchange or a smart appliances UK voucher.
If the fault with your product occurs within its guarantee period (normally 12 months from delivery) we will offer you a prompt repair service. In all cases we reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault.
Obviously we can’t be expected to guarantee against misuse, accident, neglect, commercial use, loss of data stored on any form of writeable/ rewriteable media/ hard drive devices, dead pixels of an amount not covered by the manufacturer’s specifications or normal wear and tear.
Products which are booked in for repairs, will on average take 7-28 days, unless parts are not available and need to be orders therefore may take longer.
We advise keeping the original packaging for the length of your warranty in case the product has to be sent to a service centre or back to us.
Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question as above.
Any product that is sold to a business, comapny name or used for business / commercial purposes in any capacity it is classified as a B2B sale and the warranty period is only 1 month from the date of delivery. The conditions above under faulty products, apply for this period.
Please note - any extra warranty period purchased does not cover any damage to the product in any way and has the same T&C as the manufactures warranty.
When an item (large greater than 15kg) is delivered - it is unpacked by the two man crew and switched on for inspection by the customer. This is the point that the customer is to either accept the goods as per inspection or reject them - just like viewing the item in a shop. Any claim for damage after this will be rejected and returns not accepted. the warranty sticker must be intact and not broken or damage in anyway or this will invalidate your warranty with us. If the item is damaged please take photos, reject the item and email us straight away at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After inspection and signing of the delivery note you cannot claim for any physical damage.
- If you refuse the courier to unpack the goods and/or the courier is unable to unpack them at the delivery addrress for any reason - and you accept the item - you cannot claim for any damage at a later date.
Replacement Items or Parts
Please note - if smart appliances uk need to send any item to a customer for any reason - the item has to be paid for first.
Once the original item is sent back to us by a recorded method of postage we will refund the customer in full. (it is the customers responsibility to ensure the safe complete return of the item back to smart appliances uk).
The customer can send the original item back to us by a recorded method of postage - once the original item is back to us then we will post the replacement item.the warranty sticker must be intact and not broken or damage in anyway or this will invalidate your warranty with us.
Cancelling an order
If you wish to cancel an order before delivery please contact us via email email@example.com. Once we have received your request, we will contact you to confirm cancellation.
If your item has been dispatched you will be liable for the cost which will vary between £10 for small items and up to £150 for large items such as TVs / white goods.
We reserve the right to recover costs incurred due to your cancelation.
the warranty sticker must be intact and not broken or damage in anyway or this will invalidate your warranty with us.
We can not be held responsible for failed delivery of an item - we will do our best to mitigate any delays.
We recommend taking physical possession of the TV before hiring third party installers - smartappliancesuk are not liable for costs relating to failed delivery.
It is the customers full responsibility to make sure the item is returned safely and is liable for any damages.
Shipping costs by us are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
Printing and Pricing Errors
In the event a product is listed at a wrong price due to a typographical (human) error or incorrect pricing information received from our suppliers, we have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed prior to a contract being made.
Depending on the situation as stated above regarding your product - refunds can take between 2 - 30 days from the date of being authorised by SmartAppliancesUK LTD. The refund will be paid back to the customer by cheque sent recorded delivery to the billing address or back to the card that was originally used.the warranty sticker must be intact and not broken or damage in anyway or this will invalidate your warranty with us.
Please note that live chat is only the opinion of the operator. This does not form the contract of any sale. Customers must read each product carefully before conducting their own due diligence before making a purchase from smart appliances uk. Your contract with SmartAppliancesUK when making a purchase is within the T&C - NOT any conversation within the live chat feature.
Any offer made for example (but not limited to) - gesture of good will / replacement TV / Discount - to a customer via any method of communication will be terminated after 30 days if no communication has been made between both partys that can be evidenced in that period of time. After this period the offer will be concluded as decline by the customer.
This item is under warranty by apple – any faults found please take your airpod and invoice to an apple store where they will repair / replace your item for free. This is the quickest way to have any issue resolved as they have stock at the shop.
If you use your Airpod and / or break the warranty seal on the item then you cannot return the item for a refund due to the item being an oral product. This is stated in comsumer rights legislation. This item is security marked.
If the custom raises a dispute regarding a product via their credit or debit card for any reason and Smart Appliances UK LTD reject this claim. They must not continue to use the product for the duration until a final outcome has been reached by the card issuer.
The customer agrees to be fully responsible for the safe keep of the item and are fully liable for any damages or any losses during this period.
What is Liquidated Stock?
When a business or firm is terminated or bankrupt, its assets are sold and the proceeds pay creditors.
Basically 100s of electronic company's / suppliers up and down the country are terminated or go bankrupt every day. Their stock is then sold off in order to pay creditors. We step in and buy pallets and pallets of this stock at very low prices.
We have also now established deals with large UK distributors who sell off last year’s stock or excess stock for companies.
When the new TV models / appliances are released for that particular year - the big retailers want to sell off the previous year’s stock as quickly as possible. That’s where we step in.
Quailty Checks for each TV / Product.
Every Product supplied to us goes through the same quality check
1) Serial plate / numbers are checked to ensure the warranty is valid or a retailer warranty will be provided - Due to being liquidated stock - some manufacturers serial plates may not be present.
2) TVs - Service menu is accessed in each product in order to validate the viewing hours on each TV / screen - basically this will show if the product has been powered on and screen time used.
3) Any Product that does not conform to the above is rejected and sold off to local traders.
4) We will only sell a Product that conforms to the above - The margins are so tight on each item that it does not make any business sense for us to send a product out that might be rejected by the customer.
** Please Note - upon delivery the courier will unpack and switch on the TV for you to check. This will ensure you are 100% happy with the TV before you sign to accept the goods **
** Once Signed you can not claim for any physical damage **
What is the warranty?
All of our items come with a manufacturer’s and/or smartappliancesuk warranty - Any technical fault with the item and we will resolve the issue for you as quickly as possible. This gives you the customer full peace of mind. Physical damage to the item is not covered or any attempt to repair by anyone which has not been authorised by smartappliancesuk.
What will my item include?
All of our items come with:
- Remote and power cable.
- Some TVs require both a regular and SMART remote which we will provide.
- All TVs come with the screws and stand unless a wall bracket is requested.
- If your TV requires a connect box then this will be provided
- 99% of TV's now come with an E-Manaul - This is an electronic manual via the TV menu. We cannot guarantee your item will include a paper manual, however we can send you a downloadable one, just pop us an email.
- Not all sound bars will include brackets.
- Please note some items may be in an open box condition where the original packaging my not be pristine also the original paper work may not be included.
What is the item condition?
** Please note the item description will supersede the generic description below - below is the worst case scenario **
** Please note this is not a brand new sealed item direct from the manufacturer unless stated on the product description **
All of our items are in excellent condition, and we never send anything out that is not quality checked. Every TV is checked and tested before sending for quality purposes. All components are checked before packaging. All TV's and components are security marked. All TV's come with a full warranty!
On occasion, we have noticed a TV may have a small scuff/mark on the back. This is at most 1 in every 100 TV's. We not send out a TV with any marks to the screen or front facing bezel. Also on occasion the box may not be in the best condition, or we may swap the box for our own to ensure a safe delivery.